Beskrivelse av arbeidsgiver
Aquabyte is a venture-backed startup that uses computer vision and machine learning algorithms to optimize fish farms. We are invested and advised by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, Princeton University, and other great investors.
Working at Aquabyte is much more than the benefits program. You will find a great work environment as well as exciting and stimulating challenges. You will work on state-of-the-art technology that we believe will change food production forever!
Join us in our journey to improve aquaculture with AI and automation, and to help fish farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
Aquabyte is hiring Sea Lice Biology Associate in Bergen.
You will help gather data for testing our algorithms, manage and run our lab facilities, and assist with other company projects as needed.
Ideal candidates are passionate about marine biology and sea lice, foodtech/aquaculture, technology and entrepreneurship. This is a great position for those who is attracted to the idea of working with both aquaculture and technology at a startup, and that don't mind getting their hands dirty.
This job is a full-time position.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Help ensure that our engineers have the data they need to verify and upgrade our algorithms.
- Share your insights and experiences with managing the data collection process to help drive the company forward.
- Help enrich and identify sea lice in our day-to-day operations
- Help create a training program for other biology associates
- Communicate with collaborating partners to ensure we have the materials we need to run our experiments (i.e. salmon, sea lice, hardware, etc...)
- Structure collected data into a virtual journal, to allow our engineers to easily access and leverage it.
- Compile and report your findings to the rest of the team in Norway and the US.
- Be versatile, and help with other company projects as needed.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. marine biology, fish health, aquaculture, etc...).
- You are comfortable and used to working in a laboratory setting, as well as in an office.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Professionally fluent in Norwegian and English.
- Action-oriented, self-driven, entrepreneurial, and a great team player.
- Previous relevant sea lice / aquaculture experience (i.e. at a fish farm, in a lab, in a startup)
- Interest in aquaculture/foodtech.
- Come work in great office facilities at Marineholmen, Bergen.
- Enjoy excellent benefits, including a salary, and paid lunch every day.
- Help structure our data collection process - a core part of our business.
- Work in a startup environment - where no day is alike.