Beskrivelse av arbeidsgiver
Mowi is the world’s leading seafood company and the largest producer of salmon. Every day our 15,000 employees in 25 countries produce 6.2 million healthy and delicious meals, served to customers across the globe. In 2018 the company had a turnover of EUR 3.8 billion. Mowi covers the whole value chain from feed to plate, and through our vision “Leading the Blue Revolution” we are dedicated to farming the ocean in a responsible and efficient way. Mowi is headquartered in Bergen, Norway and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
We are seeking an experienced Salt Water Treatment Operations Manager to join the Mowi Canada East Team! Reporting to the Salt Water Production Director, you will take responsibility for the continuous, effective and efficient operation of all treatment tools and teams.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Salt Water Production Director and Fish Health and Welfare Director, you will establish effective sea lice control by implementing a coordinated sea lice treatment approach on all sites
- Communicate and coordinate sea lice treatments with all staff involved including site technicians and managers.
- Submit regular reports to management on sea lice treatment plans efficiency and completion.
- Develop program to monitor, track and report vessel utilization and effectiveness
- Development and management of operating plan that meets production cost goals
- Complete annual budget for vessel utilization
- Ensure that all laws, government regulations, industry codes and company policies are followed
The Ideal Candidate would possess
- Minimum 5 yeas experience implementing a coordinated sea lice treatment approach to establish effective sea lice control.
- Previous experience working on large circular cages is a must
- Previous management experience, and a track record of working constructively with planning, coordination and implementation of strategy and/or new processes
- A “can do” attitude with excellent cooperation and communications skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in an ever-changing environment
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills
- Ideal residential location for this role will be within Atlantic Canada
- Frequent Travel within Atlantic Canada would be required
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flex Benefit Plan including Life & Disability Insurance
- EFAP and Wellness Programs
- Company paid Pension Plan contributions (DCPP)
- Potential for Annual Bonus
- Opportunity to grow with a large global company
- Relocation Assistance
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Please apply online today at www.mowi.com/people/vacancies.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to Apply: December 4, 2021